COVID -19 Information:
As we prepare for a safe return to Nelnah Bessie John School for the 2020-2021 school year, here is some important information about school routines for this year:
1. COVID-19 Operational Plan Summary (January 2021 Update)
2. COVID-19 Operational Plan (January 2021 Update)
3. COVID-19 Guidance for Children Aged 6+ (Can my child go to school?)
4. COVID-19 Education and School Supports Information
5. COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines (updated November 25, 2020)
PO Box 68, Beaver Creek, YT
Please contact Ms. Warren if you have any questions.
Welcome to the Nelnah Bessie John School website:
Our school is located on the traditional territory of the White River First Nation and was named after respected White River First Nation elder and Native Language teacher, Nelnah Bessie John. At NBJS we believe in family, community and cultural connections. We are a small school in the Yukon Territory. You can find us along the picturesque Alaska Highway. Our community is very close to the Canada/USA border crossing and we are the most westerly community in Canada…18 degrees west of Vancouver. Please check out our photo gallery to see our community, school and activities.
- For information regarding the water issues in Yukon schools, please click here.
- For information regarding the 2020/2021 school calendar, please see the calendar page on this website, or click here for the Yukon Calendar Synopsis.
- Click here for current weather conditions at the school.
- You can access the Nelnah Bessie John School's Library online by clicking here.
- For information regarding schools grades K-12, student financial aid, training and work, apprentices and trades, and employers with Yukon's Department of Education, please click here.
- The Yukon Native Language Centre provides language lessons and learning resources for the Upper Tanana language. To access these materials, please click here.
Staff and students participated in the 2020 Terry Fox Run!