Welcome to the Nelnah Bessie John School website:
Our school is located on the traditional territory of the White River First Nation and was named after respected White River First Nation elder and Native Language teacher, Nelnah Bessie John. At NBJS we believe in family, community and cultural connections. We are a small school in the Yukon Territory. You can find us along the picturesque Alaska Highway. Our community is very close to the Canada/USA border crossing and we are the most westerly community in Canada…18 degrees west of Vancouver. Please check out our photo gallery to see our community, school and activities.
School Starts: 8:45 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
School Ends: 3:28 p.m.
PO Box 68, Beaver Creek, YT
School Phone Number:
Monday October 21st - NO SCHOOL in the afternoon - Goal setting conferences
Goal Setting Conferences Monday October 21st 1 - 3:30 : Please call the school to book an appointment time.
School Wide Write Tuesday October 22nd
Wednesday October 23rd Take me outside day takemeoutside.ca/tmoday/
Wednesday October 30th Team Hollywood Event. Please contact Bessie Chasse at WRFN with any questions.
Thursday October 31st Halloween Party 2:30 - 3:30pm
Please contact Ms. Warren if you have any questions.
- For information regarding the water issues in Yukon schools, please click here.
- For information regarding the 2019/2020 school calendar, please see the calendar page on this website, or click here for the Yukon Calendar Synopsis.
- Click here for current weather conditions at the school.
- You can access the Nelnah Bessie John School's Library online by clicking here.
- For information regarding schools grades K-12, student financial aid, training and work, apprentices and trades, and employers with Yukon's Department of Education, please click here.
- The Yukon Native Language Centre provides language lessons and learning resources for the Upper Tanana language. To access these materials, please click here.