Welcome to the Nelnah Bessie John School website:
Our school is located on the traditional territory of the White River First Nation and was named after respected White River First Nation elder and Native Language teacher, Nelnah Bessie John. At NBJS we believe in family, community and cultural connections. We are a small school in the Yukon Territory. You can find us along the picturesque Alaska Highway. Our community is very close to the Canada/USA border crossing and we are the most westerly community in Canada…18 degrees west of Vancouver. Please check out our photo gallery to see our community, school and activities.
School Starts: 8:45 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
School Ends: 3:28 p.m.
PO Box 68, Beaver Creek, YT
Friday February 21st - Heritage Day - NO SCHOOL
Monday February 24th - PD day for teachers - NO SCHOOL
Student Led Conferences: Thursday March 5th 1 - 3:30pm - NO CLASSES
MARCH BREAK - Monday March 16th - Friday March 20th
Navajo Taco Thursday February 20th - Fundraiser for School Trip to Anchorage - $10/taco
French Monitor Fun Feb. 25 - 27th
Muskrat Camp March 12th & 13th
Please contact Ms. Warren if you have any questions.
- For information regarding the water issues in Yukon schools, please click here.
- For information regarding the 2019/2020 school calendar, please see the calendar page on this website, or click here for the Yukon Calendar Synopsis.
- Click here for current weather conditions at the school.
- You can access the Nelnah Bessie John School's Library online by clicking here.
- For information regarding schools grades K-12, student financial aid, training and work, apprentices and trades, and employers with Yukon's Department of Education, please click here.
- The Yukon Native Language Centre provides language lessons and learning resources for the Upper Tanana language. To access these materials, please click here.